Before I begin this amazing story, I must tell you that this was the best, most relaxing and romantic vacation I have had in a while. If you are looking to truly relax with friends, loved ones (please note- this is an adults only resort) or even by yourself – look no further than the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort.
This luxury, all-inclusive property caters exclusively to adults seeking a tranquil, oceanfront hideaway just steps from the sand and minutes from downtown Cabo San Lucas. We enjoyed everything so much that we never left Pueblo Bonito Pacifica and actually didn’t need to. Now, wait until you read about this incredible stay!
After a quick flight from Phoenix, AZ (2 hours), we arrived in Cabo to a nice breeze and 85 wonderful degrees.
The resort had a car and driver waiting for us (nice touch!) and after a scenic ride; we pulled into the beautiful Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. Let me tell you, I was ready to get the relaxation started!
Upon arriving at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica, our personal butler Yomali was waiting and greeted us with refreshing strawberry mojitos, which were delicious! (and WELCOMED!) Yomali was absolutely exceptional throughout our entire stay- personal, intuitive and discreet.
We stayed in the Towers, where guests are treated with 24/7 top-notch pampering by butlers certified by the British Butler Institute (personal in-room check-in and check-out, shoe shining, unpacking and packing services, assistance with reservations and a variety of signature services and rituals). Ok, I am now quite spoiled!
Settling into our Towers Suite, we roamed around the suite, enjoying our large patio terrace, sipping our strawberry mojitos, enjoying the amazing ocean view, the sea breeze and of course, those strawberry mojitos!
We couldn’t wait to begin exploring the beautiful property and agreed that relaxation had officially begun.
I don’t know what it is about the sound of the ocean, but paired with a fabulous dinner, gorgeous views and crashing waves…well, you get the idea!
Peninsula is the newest restaurant at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica and features traditional Baja cuisine with a strong emphasis on native ingredients of the region.
After dinner we found the outside bar, where we listened to local music before heading off for a great night’s sleep.
The next morning we were scheduled for breakfast on the beach, which sounded so casually elegant. Now I have had breakfast at the beach in many different locations, but never ON THE BEACH!
So just know this wasn’t any typical breakfast on the beach…we had our own private cabana and they even wrote my name, “McKenna” in the sand in huge letters in front of the cabana!
Again, the detail was very, very special!
The beach is so fresh in the morning and paired with a great breakfast – it was more than casually elegant. It was sensational!
At 11am we were picked up and driven to their Quivira Golf Club to play some golf. This was the most stunningly beautiful golf course I have ever seen!
Golf Digest calls Quivira one of the world’s 100 greatest golf courses and I can now understand why.
There are panoramic ocean views of the Pacific Ocean, four comfort stations, dunes, desert…I lost all of my golf balls and I didn’t care because it was so beautiful out there!
Now just a mention of what we found inside these “comfort stations”. I’ve never experienced anything like these in my history of playing golf! Waiting for golfers are a bartender, delicious food and servers.
Add in the spectacular views and it was a real WOW for the two of us. To say the least, we were quite comforted at these comfort stations. Great touch!
That night we thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Quivira Steakhouse, which is located at Quivira Golf Club, the new Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course at the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Quivira Steakhouse offers indoor and outdoor dining from late afternoon through evening. We sat outside and took in the sounds and the views of the ocean.
The next morning we had a 80min couples massage at the Armonia Spa. Without a doubt the BEST massage I have ever had and I do not say that lightly. Armonia was named among the three “Best Spas in Mexico & Central America 2013” by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and I can see why.
Armonia is a full-service spa offering a comprehensive menu of wellness-oriented body treatments, massage therapies, a fitness center, beauty salon, his and her locker rooms and wet areas, as well as spa gift certificates and Cabo San Lucas spa packages. This is a must place to spa! Pilar and Deborah were our masseuses – be sure to ask for one of them!
After our massages we enjoyed our cabana on the beach and feel asleep listening to the waves. Do we have to leave? Alexis (our server) made sure we are always taken care of.
The ultimate surprise that night…we were escorted to dinner to the Common Table Experience. The name intrigued us and we immediately discovered a very unique experience that combines fresh ingredients from their private garden, mixology and the good Mexican wine from Baja.
We enjoyed 6 courses with wine pairing. The dinner was just the two of us overlooking the water and it was very romantic.
Every menu item throughout our stay was fresh, perfectly prepared and simply delicious (I need to be on a diet, STAT!). During dinner there was wedding on the beach. It was beautiful and we were able to watch it from the patio. It added to the romance of our dinner quite nicely!
Our last day arrived! We woke up early and enjoyed brunch at Siempre. The brunch was (of course!) unbelievable! Fresh fruit, baked goods, entrees, desserts…Mimosas…we really enjoyed it and soaked in all the details since we knew we were heading home soon.
After brunch we strolled around the property one last time, enjoyed a cocktail on the beach and were taken back to the airport. We both could not stop talking about our incredible experience at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica!
My take on Pueblo Bonito Pacifica – GO! If you are in need of relaxation and some true peace and quiet- this is your place. From the management, servers, our Butler Yomali, breakfast on the beach, golf at Quivira, massages, the private dinner at Common Table and on and on!
You know it is a great vacation when you experience something so special that you both say, “Can we stay?” I am so grateful for this experience and cannot wait to go back!
If you would like to see more behind the scenes shots of this fabulous vacation, be sure to go to my Instagram and click on the “Cabo” highlighted story.
* Thank you Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf and Spa Resort for Sponsoring this stay and post *
Special thanks to the wonderful and caring staff who made our stay extraordinary:
- Mizraim Corpus – General Manager
- Adrian Nunez – Operations Manager
- Delfino – Manager at Peninsula
- Juan Manual – Food and Beverages Manager
- Yomali – Personal Butler
- Jaxier – Chef for Common Table Experience
- Marcela – Waiter at Peninsula
- Jordi and Fernando – Waiters at Breakfast on the Beach
- Alexis – Waiter for our cabana during the day
- Diana – Waitress at Pescados
- Julio – Waiter at Quivira
- Pilar and Deborah – Massage Therapists
- Felix – Housekeeper
Last week Mom and I enjoyed an amazing staycation at The Camby. We loved every minute of it!
Upon arriving in valet, we were given a brief tour of some fun, exterior features of The Camby by a friendly valet named Chris. He was very knowledgeable and we could tell he enjoys working with The Camby.
Once checked in, we were whisked up to our peaceful room, where we discovered our sensational view of Camelback Mountain and a beautiful fruit basket with a warm note from The Camby. This was such a nice (and appreciated) personal touch that kicked off our wonderful staycation.
Now a bit of history about The Camby. This fantastic boutique hotel is named after the iconic Camelback Mountain (of which it has great views). Upon entering the lobby, there is a sense of refined revelry, which was inspired by the idea of updating the hotel’s elegant bones with fun, modern and unexpected twists. There are additional design elements which draw on the state of Arizona’s Five C’s- Copper, Cotton, Citrus, Cattle, and Climate. These thoughtful and historical details are elegantly incorporated, creating a timeless, beautiful boutique hotel with contemporary design elements and pops of color pulled from the Arizona’s vivid landscape. Simply said, it’s beautiful!
Once settled in our room, we were excited to get to our massages at their Zest Spa. Entering this peaceful and calming spa was just the beginning of an amazing couple of hours! Mom and I had both pre-chosen The Camby’s signature Stoned Massage. Now, this incredible massage is 75 minutes of pure relaxation! Soothing application of Camby Desert Basalt Stones are warmed in the Zest Spa’s Signature oil blend to loosen and relax the entire body. Yes, it all works and is AHHHH-MAZING! The talented Zest Spa masseuses worked on each of us for 75 blissful minutes, successfully knocking every single knot and care out the window! So not only were we completely and totally relaxed, we agreed that the Stoned Massage should not be missed!
Afterward, we thoroughly enjoyed the Zest Spa’s calm outdoor relaxation space and had to fight off taking naps instead of providing you with photos!
Next on our lovely agenda was dinner downstairs at the Artizen Restaurant, The Camby’s onsite restaurant. So we said our goodbyes to the spaaaahhh and went back to our room to get ready. Our reservation was for 6:30, but before I get started on the night that lay ahead, I have to tell you that the restaurant was PACKED with happy guests and it was a Monday night! The vibe was great (very lounge-y) with a fun atmosphere!
The Artizen’s thoughtful menu features a playful array of plate sizes and menu items, which are ideal for sharing (we shared everything and it was perfect). The Artizen Restaurant believes that every day is a celebration of the fun side of seriously good food.
What a great concept! Chef Dushyant Singh came out to greet us personally and make some fabulous suggestions, which we followed and loved! His artful creations were all amazing! Interesting side note: the Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame nominated Chef Singh for the honor of the 2016 “Best Upcoming Chef”. Once we began our dining celebration of some seriously good food, we understood why! For starters, we split the brussels sprouts which are served in brown butter breadcrumbs, pecorino romano, caesar dressing, ummm…soooo good! Moving on, we split the Sunchokes, which are served in amaretto beurre blanc & marcona almonds. For our main course, we split the loup de mer* – smoked new potatoes, charred broccolini with fennel castelvetrano tapenade.
We felt like we were in amazing food comas thanks to Chef Singh and our wonderfully attentive waiter, Jeff! Finishing up a VERY relaxing day, we went back to our quiet room and slept great!
The next day we ordered breakfast in the room and it arrived right on time. We split a deliciously light egg white veggie omelet, enjoyed our coffee and soaked in our amazing Camelback Mountain view.
Before we knew it, we were heading to the pool and the Wade Poolside Bar. The pool is rooftop style and located on the second floor. There is an urban feel with the surrounding skyscrapers and city sounds, yet it is remarkably peaceful.
Relaxing in our private cabana we sipped The Camby Cooler and Raspberry Lemonade, relaxed for hours and enjoyed the perfect Arizona weather!
Our quick stay was soon over and we couldn’t stop talking about how much fun it was! If you’re looking for some relaxation and bonding time with someone special, I highly recommend a short staycation at The Camby! On a personal note, this special treat was for Mom and me and we loved every minute of it!
Here are some specials The Camby is offering:
◦ The Camby is offering locals and Arizona travelers two options to check out its urban playground for a discounted rate all summer long. The hotel is situated in the scenic, lively and urban Phoenix Biltmore neighborhood, close to spectacular hiking, rock climbing and breathtaking views of the destination. Guests enjoy convenient access to the best local dining, shopping, nightlife and attractions, including Biltmore Fashion Park. Summer deals include:
▪ The Summer Escape – Kick off the ultimate staycation with nightly rates starting at $119++and a $25 food and beverage credit with promo code SUM. Book May 7 – Sept. 8 for weekend stays between May 25 – Sept. 8.
▪ Camby Loves Teachers – Camby is showing love for teachers with this special offer than includes reduced rates, food and beverage, spa credit and more for dates between June 1 and August 31, 2018,
• Enjoy reduced rates starting at $99
• Receive a $25 food and beverage credit to be used at any outlet
• Indulge yourself with a $25 spa credit
• *credits to be used once during stay
▪ Programming that is exactly like nothing else includes:
• Check In. Jam Out: The Camby offers fun in-room amenities such as the guitar loaner program Check In. Jam Out, which gives guests a chance to borrow a Gretsch guitar at no charge and have a summer jam session. Or check out the new turntables from Phoenix-based Zia Records, LSTN headphones and a curated collection of 50 local-inspired vinyl records to listen to in the lobby.
• Wade Poolside Bar: Guests can savor bites, tropical libations, cool cabanas and a lively atmosphere that make a perfect urban escape day or night. Take a break from the summer sun and rent a poolside cabana. Enjoy multiple package options including cooling misters and cool towels, cocktails, plush lounge chairs, skewers of seasonal fruit, baskets of magazines, and more (additional details here).
◦ Zest Spa: Whether you need to rev up or unwind, let The Camby’s wellness offerings become your favorite travel respite.
◦ Spa Buyout: R&Z (Rest & Zest), exclusively yours
▪ Included in Buyout package
• (1) 50min spa treatments per Guest, 3 options to choose from
◦ Quietude – Swedish Style
◦ Custom Camby – Deep Tissue
◦ Happy face – Personalized Facial
• Choice of three F&B options for Spa fare
• Spa fare served on Spa Patio
• Sparkling wine
• Infused Water and tea station
• Valet Parking for up to 8 cars
• Access to fitness center
▪ This program gives guests the opportunity to buy out Zest Spa, for a 4-hour block of time creating a unique and exclusive Spa experience perfect for bridal or baby showers, bachelorette parties, girlfriend getaways, and more!
▪ First available buyout Window is from 10am-2pm, Latest buyout Window is 2pm-6pm window.
▪ Maximum of 8 guest to a group
▪ $225 per person from Oct-April, $900 minimum spend
▪ $195 per person May-Sep, $780 minimum spend
▪ Add-on Amenities
• 10% off Dinner at Artizen, alcohol included,
• 50% of cabana Rentals poolside, based on availability
• 10% off F&B at Wade Poolside, alcohol included
• 20% off Best Available Room Rate, based on availability
• Private yoga Sessions, based on availability
• Extended Spa Buyout hours, based on availability
*Thank you to The Camby for sponsoring this post
Thank you Macy’s for sponsoring this post
I had family in town and we did a backyard BBQ for everyone’s final night and I wanted to find a cute spring time dress for this occasion.
I decided to go to my local Macy’s (my destination for Spring Fashion!) and found this darling Tommy Hilfiger gingham dress. Fitting true to size and extremely comfortable, I had found my perfect spring dress for this occasion.
I have a been a “Tommy Girl” for a while, since I was in middle school actually! Tommy Hilfiger was an easy decision for me to make and I knew I would find the perfect look.
Macy’s does it again! The BBQ was successful and everyone loved my dress!